September 23, 2017
Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Dip
This pumpkin dip is a holiday favorite! We love pumpkin pie, so we decided to create a creamy dip that tastes just like it. Serve this recipe as an appetizer or dessert because it tastes great dipped with sliced apples, pears or salty whole grain pretzels. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser that is easy to make, loaded with vitamin A, low in saturated fat and tastes amazing.
- 6 oz low fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup reduced fat Greek yogurt
- 15 oz roasted pumpkin (1 can) no sugar added
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp all spice ground
- 1 tsp cloves ground
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg ground
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor, place cream cheese and Greek yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving with sliced fruit or salty whole grain pretzels.
Serving size: 2 Tablespoons
Calories: 35; Total Fat: 1g; Saturated Fat 1g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium: 25mg; Total Carbohydrate: 5g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 1g; Vitamin A: 50%; Vitamin C: 2%; Calcium: 2%; Iron: 2%
Stacey Antine, MS, RD, is founder of HealthBarn USA.
American Nutrition and Dietetics